For uniformity, please follow the list. Teachers will provide pencil boxes. Due to limited desk space, please don’t send ANY additional supplies.
- 1 1-½" (one and a half) clear view binder (These binder have clear exterior sleeves for inserting a cover sheet. Please be sure it has a front and back pocket, not an interior pouch that clasps. Also, check that the rings close securely.)
- 1 pack of plastic write-on tab dividers
- please label the tabs in the following order: Math, Reading, English, Spelling, French
- 8 FINE tip markers
- 8 REGULAR tip markers
- 2 YELLOW highlighters, NOT RETRACTABLE
- Colored pencils (NO MORE THAN 12)
- box of crayons (NO MORE THAN 24)
- Scissors (7 inch)
- 2 glue sticks
- 2 DOZEN #2 pencils, wooden or mechanical
- 1 pack of WIDE rule loose-leaf notebook paper (Please DO NOT put this in the binders. We will do that at school.)
- 2 boxes of tissues
- Last names beginning A - L send one large tub of Lysol wipes
- Last names beginning M - Z send one box of roll of paper towels
* Crayola products are recommended
Rising Third Graders Summer Reading Requirement
The primary goals of our summer reading program are to promote a love of reading for pleasure and to encourage reading continuity as a bridge to the next school year. In order to make summer reading a meaningful experience for our students, the entire grade will read the same book.
Rising 3rd graders need to read How to Be Cool in the Third Grade by Betsy Duffey and be prepared to take an AR test for a grade on the first week back to school.
AR level 3.5
AR level 3.5
From Your Second Grade Teachers
Summer Suggestions for your rising 3rd grader:
- Summer Bridge Activities Workbook 2 to 3
- In only 15 minutes a day, your child can keep skills sharp throughout the summer.
- Price $9.95
- Continue praciting math facts
- Flash cards can be purchased at any Walmart, Dollar General, etc.